-->

Monday, December 13, 2010

Goodbye Australia, Hello Hollywood!

After a gruelling 16 hour flight from Melbourne to LA (via Sydney) and one full airsick bag later, we landed in not-so-sunny Los Angeles on Monday morning.  We made our way to the Banana Bungalow Hostel, smack bang on Hollywood Boulevard.  I quickly discovered that there are a lot of weird and wonderful people in LA which made our time there very interesting with loud sirens wailing all night long, people constantly talking to themselves and shouting rude words, and even a complete stranger giving me a rose while walking along.  

We spent the next four days exploring LA, eating at the famous 'Pink's' hotdog stand (very cute and retro), vintage clothe shopping, visiting the Hollywood sign, cruising the 'Walk of Fame',  looking at famous peoples' homes, as well as visiting Santa Monica pier and Venice Beach (with even more 'unique' people here!)



One night we went to a beautiful old theatre called 'The Capitan' where we saw 'Tangled' in 3D for the 50th anniversary of Disney Princesses.  It was a fantastic movie and there was even a little stage show before the movie where all the Disney Princesses came onto the stage and danced.

There wasn't much good healthy food to eat in Hollywood, so we had to make do... I had the biggest slice of pizza I had ever seen - Mum cut it in half and we shared the one piece and it filled us both!

During my time in LA I saw lots of interesting things, learnt how to play Foosball and table tennis at the hostel and had an absolute ball.  I told mum that when I get older, I am going to live in Bel Air near all the famous peoples big mansions... Mum said 'We'll see...'. Well that is all for LA - next stop, Catalina Island x (P.S - Ascot also had some exciting adventures so be sure to check them out!)


No comments: